Sunday, January 06, 2008

Merry Christmas

Dear Kate and Riley,
I hope you had a good second Christmas in heaven. We were thinking about you here. It was Zachary's first Christmas and it was much easier on mom than last year when your loss was so new and fresh. We talked about you and missed you but we felt your presence and knew you were watching over us. Grandma Janice got two little angel ornaments (I meant to take pictures but forgot). We put the ornaments on the tree on Christmas eve and remembered that you were watching over us. It was really special and made me really happy. I am glad we started that new tradition and am excited for the years when Zachary and his cousins are old enough to talk about you and put your angel ornaments on the tree on Christmas Eve.

This was also the first Christmas for your cousins, Summer and Ali. I haven't talked about them before because their arrival (only a few months after we lost you) was really hard for me. We were so excited for our two sets of twins and its hard now that you two aren't here. I am glad though that Zachary will have his twin cousins here so he will have a little taste of what it might have been like to have you around. It was crazy and fun to have all the babies at Grandma and Grandpa's and I can't imagine what it would have been like if you were here too!

Zachary was a little too little to know what was going on for Christmas but mom and dad had fun dressing him up like santa and opening his presents for him. He had fun with his aunts and uncles and started laughing a lot (uncle Clint was really good at getting him to) which was really fun.

Merry Christmas late my angels.
Love,
Mom



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a neat tradition to have started. Zach looks adorable in his Santa outfit. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Lisa Webb said...

oh my gosh that santa suit is so adorable! I want one in my size!

Holly said...

That is the cutest little outfit! Love your tradition of hanging the ornaments on Christmas Eve! Another great way to remember your little angels!

Lauren said...

Love the Santa suit!!! I'm so glad I got to meet Zach. He is so cute! And, you are so spoiled if he is still sleeping through the night. I am jealous!! I could use a little more sleep. Glad you guys had a good Christmas. Sorry we didn't get to see you again. Maybe you better make a trip out to Ohio! ;)

Lissa Lane said...

Beautiful tradition! Your letter to the girls made me bawl! Look how big Zach is! What a chubber!!

Liz Stanley said...

ha ha so cute. i can't wait for baby hank to laugh. i ask him everyday but all he does is cry