Sunday, September 07, 2008

Pirates and First Steps!

Dear Kate and Riley,
What an exciting weekend! On Friday afternoon, just out of nowhere, Zachary let go of the toybox and took two steps all by himself! I screamed and cheered and he looked at me like, "hey, I must have just done something pretty cool but I'm not quite sure what!" I kept telling myself it was just a fluke and he wouldn't do it again but sure enough that afternoon he would take two or three steps to me at a time. By tonight he was up to seven steps at a time. It is so exciting and also pretty sad as I realize how fast he is growing up. We tried hard to get a video this morning but Zach was camera shy. We'll try again tomorrow.

We also got to go to the Tall Ships festival in Dana Point on Saturday. It was cool to see the ships and something we'll definitely have to do again when Zach is a little older and not so terrified of pirates (although the pirates we saw were pretty scary so I'm not sure when that will be!).

Our good ole friends at Huggies sent us coupons this week that said "your baby is 18 months!" Its hard to believe you'd be that old (by your due date). I used to get so mad when I got those things in the mail but now I am sort of glad to get those little reminders. I made some hair bows this week with my neighbor and put one on Zach along with his pinkie binkie (its the backup one we got from a friend). I was just being silly but he looked so cute as a little girl I just had to wonder if its how you would have looked.

Love,
Mom



Dad will probably be mad about this picture, Zach as a girl.
Have to wonder if you would look like him!



Tall ships


Scary pirates! Zach wouldn't take his head off my shoulder, they were so scary!

4 comments:

Holly said...

That is so funny that you made Zach look like a girl!!! HA! He is very pretty:)
I would've had my head on your shoulder too! Scary!!!

Barbara said...

That is CRAZY that he is walking already. Good for him! I'm glad you guys went to the Pirate thing...we wanted to go too, but got caught up with friends in town. Maybe next year. And ummmm, Brooke, seriously? Putting bows and pink binkis on Zach? Forget Aaron - I'm a little bothered by the pic. Haha. J/K :)

The Hunt's said...

Oh he does make a cute little girl! I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Kate and Riley look up there in heaven.

Those pirates were pretty freaky, I think they probably really had rum in those mugs!

Anonymous said...

Zach makes such a pretty little girl love to put some panties on him and have him sucking mycock while I fingerf-ck his little tytpussy