Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting creative...


Dear Kate and Riley,
Your little brother is the busiest kid I have ever met. He is really NON stop. Plus he seems to get bored very easily these days. It makes my life challenging and keeps me on my toes. Whoever said that staying home all day doesn't work your brain certainly never had a kid like Zach. Today I was desperate to get him out of the house but knew there wasn't enough time to go anywhere before he needed to go down for his nap. Three tupperware containers, one wooden spoon and a faucet of water later we were having a blast. Why I didn't think of this three months ago is beyond me! I've been wishing a lot for a big Utah basement to play in but really on a beautiful November afternoon I wouldn't trade my 900 sq feet for a pile of snow even if it came with a basement!

Love,
Mom


How has that faucet just been sitting there all summer unused!?
Look at him, he's enthralled!


Even Bella got in on the fun

5 comments:

Jenny said...

your little "yard" is exactly zachary and bella sized...for now. love it!

Holly said...

How fun! When our kids were a little older than Zach, we would fill tupperware with water...and different food colorings. The kids would spend HOURS mixing the colors together! Just an idea for the near future:o)
And...maybe you should just give in and find a place in Utah with a basement! It's not THAT bad:o)

Hansel said...

You can also give him a paint brush and let him paint the sidewalk with water. That kept us busy for a good hour.

Barbara said...

Well the good news about the fact that we STILL have 80 degree weather is that you have plenty of time to enjoy your new discovery! :) Zach looks like he is having a blast!

Unknown said...

Zach is so darn big now! I can't believe how much he has grown since this summer. We are excited to see you guys soon!