Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Personal Best! And a little vacation

Dear Kate and Riley,
What a week! We have been on the go for over a week now and I'm happy to be home. It started with a drive to Phoenix so I could run in the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon. It was by far the biggest race I have ever been a part of (something like 30,000 people!) so that was crazy. But it was exciting and a flat easy course. I was hoping to better my last time but never imagined I'd knock 16 min off of it! I came in at 2 hours 8 min which I'm sure is really slow to some people but was speedy for me! I felt great and like I really raced and gave it my all so I was happy.

We spent the weekend in Phoenix with beautiful weather at a beautiful hotel (I am getting so spoiled, dad better not ever get a different job!). Then we left the sun and headed to cold, smoggy Utah to see Uncle Bret off at the MTC. We got to spend some time with the Hansens and play with "aunties" Liz and Michelle. Zach had fun playing with Henry, Owen and Taylor! So many new friends. And I decided that even a huge house with a basement wouldn't be worth leaving our California sun! (I still don't understand what people do with kids all winter)

We are excited to get back into a routine and be boring for a while. I'm training for another race in April and am hoping to get just a little bit faster.

Love,
Mom

Swimming with Dad in Phoenix

The best support crew (who had a hard time finding mom in the crowd!)


Mom and Zach at the finish line

Uncle Bret with Zach


The "O-H" original Hansen family at the MTC with Uncle Bret


Zach and his new best bud Henry at the children's museum
Zach LOVED the water and was soaked!


Zach and Henry


Zach snuggling with Taylor, I wanted to bring her home with me,
she was GREAT with Zach!

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Holy cow to running a half marathon. Impressive. I was proud of myself for running a 5K once. :) Also, thanks for the tips on thrush!

The Hunt's said...

Seriously. What do they do with kids all winter! Bundling her to death everytime I walk out the door about does me in! I want to hear how the MTC went...we're due for that in about 3 months and I just imagine it to be brutal!

Barbara said...

Nice job on your run! Since you've done so many now, it isn't about simply finishing the race, now yo are trying to beat your previous records. That is so exciting.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing for doing these runs and I admire you! Can I hire you as my trainer when I get back to moving around?