Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Palm Springs

Dear Kate and Riley,
Last week we got to tag along with Dad to a conference in Palm Springs. Dad was really busy doing "work" things (like playing golf) so it was mostly just Zach and I hanging out at the pool. We had a blast. I have found that when we can live on "Zachary time" and have no obligations or things that we have to do, he is just happy all the time. It was nice to worry about nothing but having fun, if it took us 30 min to walk from our hotel room to the pool, fine. If he wanted to eat half his lunch at 11 and half at 12, it was fine. If he wanted to get in and out of the pool 100 times, it was fine! Take an hour to eat an apple? Great! It made for one very happy baby. If only real life was like that. He is independent enough that he could play in the baby pool on his own and I could sit on the side which was my favorite part. He made a new friend every day which also made my job easier. We even got to stay an extra day past the conference to have some play time with Dad. It was a good little "spring break" for us and I'm glad Zachary got to have a fun time, because the next vacation, we're leaving him behind!


These pictures are a great example of "Zachary time" he took this apple off the table and started eating it, I thought about taking it away but thought, ahh, whatever, we're on vacation. He spent almost an hour chowing down on this apple! He even took it out on the balcony and sat in the chair looking down at people and chomping. He ate it all the way to the core, when I finally took it away he cried (ok so I had to do SOME mommy things on this trip!)


Every day when we came in from the pool he would just CRASH. this day he actually fell asleep sitting up in our bed. He just sort of flopped over and stayed there for over 3 hours!

Love,
Mom


4 comments:

Lauren said...

Yo are living the high life girl! I am so jealous. Palm springs and Italy? So fun! Will you take me with you on your next adventure? :)

Danielle said...

Oh, he is so gorgeous Brooke - seriously. I love reading your updates and seeing your pictures!

I am glad you had a fun getaway! I'm jealous! It is freezing here today and the weather is blah.

Rachel B. said...

What a darling post. What a good mom you are to let him do things on "Zachary time". That is seriously so cute just picturing him taking an hour to eat his apple. Glad you had a fun, relaxing trip!

Barbara said...

Cute little guy. A nice spring break indeedy! I'm glad they had a kiddie pool so you could relax while he played. Does life get much better than that??