Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

Dear Kate and Riley,
I know all the people in Utah and Wisconsin and other cold places hate it when I say things like Spring is here! because, well let's face it, its pretty much spring here all the time. But I look forward to our California springs when we can get back to the reason we live here, the beach. We've had some good beach days in the past few weeks. I've also discovered how much a very active almost 18 month old deters even the most determined mom from taking pictures. He just moves too fast for me! I find that by the time I even find my camera he's often no where to be found. Just not worth it most days. I'm determined that next week in Palm Springs (we get to tag along with Dad to a work conference). I'll get some good shots.


a beach day

St. Patrick's Day, it seriously took me like 20 min to get one shot of him looking at me


I got rid of our patio furniture and felt like I doubled our sq. footage, he LOVES playing on the patio!

I found the solution to the eating problem, get him REALLY hungry! This day after playing on the patio all morning and at the park all afternoon, I swear I've never seen him eat more. Here he is eating every last crumb, even the ones that fell on his shirt. And seriously, are those fat feet in the flip flops the cutest thing you've ever seen or what?!

Love,
Mom

5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

When I saw your title I immediately thought exactly what you said, "Isn't it always spring there?" Not that I'm jealous or anything. ;) Don't you just love the feeling of it all? Living by the beach would be awesome though. Once again, I'm not jealous or anything. And oh how I know what you mean about it being impossible to take a picture of a child that age. To give you a little hope, Reese is finally looking at the camera again without too much coaxing...still not much smiling though.

Tia said...

ooh i hate you, just kidding i love you but really i wanna live there!

Holly said...

We've actually had a really nice week here...but now it's snowing! What the crap?!? Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the sun again really soon!

The Hunt's said...

is that what i need to do to double the square footage?? freak, i'll try anything. that's a GREAT shot of him at the beach, that cute little profile!

Jenny said...

We had spring once. It lasted for a few days. At least it was while I was babysitting!