Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Part 2

Dear Kate and Riley,

For Zach's actual b-day we kept it pretty low key. We went to the park with some friends and fulfilled Zach's only birthday request-- CHOO CHOO CAKE! He was so excited about the cake, he had a hard time waiting until the afternoon at the park. It was a rough birthday morning.

It was a chilly day at the park but the kids had fun and Zach got to blow out his candles-- actually he blew them out like five times, I kept lighting them and he kept blowing them out before we could finish singing! He even asked to light the candles again that night when dad got home. The funny thing was that he didn't care much about the actual cake, I don't even know if he ate more than a bite!

So I think that birthday #2 was a success, choo choo set, choo choo cake, it was a good one.

The "choo-choo" cake


blowing out the candles (probably for the 3rd or 4th time)


I thought this was a little miraculous-- 4 two year olds all looking in my general direction. And Nicole, the good mom who was helping all of them!

Thanking Addie for Mr. Potato Head with loves. They were hugging for so long we actually had to tell them to let go! Maybe we're in trouble with these two!

Love,
mom


5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Happy birthday to Zach! The cake is so cute, and how funny that you had to relight the candles so many times. Looks like such a fun day. Regarding your last post...that's your mom? She does look crazy young!

Elizabeth said...

thanks for inviting us! My girls had fun, Zach is such a cutie!!

Barbara said...

Happy Bday Zach! What a cool cake you got!! Thanks for the fun day.

Moka said...

I'm so sorry we missed it! I love that you hadvto keep relighting the candles! That's a classic Zac story! Happy Big 2 little guy!

Lisa Webb said...

Happy birthday Zach, I am so sad we weren't there to celebrate with you!!! (werid I'm assuming we would have been invited if we didn't live a thousand miles away)
anyway... lots of love from me and the kids!!!