Monday, October 19, 2009

Mom's turn! More B-day Fun in Palm Springs

Dear Kate and Riley,
We had to let the birthday fun continue all week long since it was my turn on Friday! So Thurs. afternoon we headed out to Palm Springs with part of the Bowen family (Clarke met us later in the weekend). Dad was so sweet and sat all the way in the back of the van so Megan and I could talk the whole drive out. I don't know what was worse for him, listening to us talk non-stop or having to deal with me driving!

Zach had SO much fun with Addie, he was so excited that he couldn't even sleep or calm down. They just ran in circles all through the condo, chasing each other. It was so cute. We spent three days doing not much but playing at the pool. Zach and Addie both loved the water slide and I loved sitting by the pool and eating WAY too much. I got all my birthday wishes, a card from dad, a slice of Godiva Chocolate cheesecake and a renewed Disneyland pass! What more could a girl want?

I actually didn't take many pictures this time. I'm photoed out...

birthday dinner at Red Robin, it was seriously the only place we dared go with two two year olds!


Embarrassed while the Red Robin people sang to me. I grabbed Zach so people wouldn't focus on me. Then after they sang some lady in the restaurant yelled out "How many years!?" (I'm sure thinking it was for Zach) Dad so wonderfully yelled back (so the whole restaurant could hear) "31!" awesome, huh?

Megan and I sipping our virgin mojitos by the pool. Heaven I tell you!

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Tara said...

Glad you had fun!!! Can't wait to celebrate this week with ya. :)

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy said...

Oops, that above delete was me. I was logged in as my husband!

Here we'll try it again:

SO fun Brooke! I'm glad you had a special weekend. Yay! Happy Birthday friend :)

Elizabeth said...

how fun! I"m glad you had such a fun time im palms springs!!

Barbara said...

I can't think of better way to celebrate your bday either! I am glad you had such a fun, relaxing time!

Katelyn & Wade said...

What I wouldn't give for a virgin mojito! Happy Birthday!