Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


Dear Kate and Riley,
Well Valentine's is kind of a bust this year since I have been really sick all week and poor grandma and dad have had to do everything. I am starting to feel better so hopefully I can make up Valentine's to Dad another day.

But despite the fact that we couldn't go out or do anything Dad didn't drop the ball at all, poor guy probably set the standard too high early on and now he has to live up to it every year! Even if we couldn't do anything, I'm happy to have my three boys here and its fun to have Grandma here still, we're going to miss her SO much when she leaves next week.

So, this is cheesy and bordering on a Seriously So Blessed type post, but a few months ago I got the new Carrie Underwood cd. I was listening to it for the first time at the gym, rocking out on the treadmill and then this slow song came on. I feel sorry for everyone around me who had to watch the sad display of the pregnant woman CRYING on the treadmill because the song was so touching and just totally made me think of Dad. I know my parents spent plenty of time stressing about who I would end up with and this song just puts it perfectly-- "don't you worry about me". I love that the main line is "he is good, so good" that is one thing I've always thought about Dad, he's just a GOOD guy. I appreciate all he does for me and for our family.
Love,
Mom
ok, I'm technically challenged so the song is in its own post below!

No comments: