Sunday, March 21, 2010

6 weeks and lots of firsts

Dear Kate and Riley,
The weeks are flying by over here. We are really adjusting and getting into our groove. Brady is sleeping pretty well most nights. Mom is trying to get back into shape, we got a double joggger and have gone running a couple times.

At his 6 week checkup Brady was 10 lbs 14 oz and 21 in, so short and chunky, just how I like him. He's so opposite of Zachary. We have seen some pretty cute smiles but he's still a little stingy with them.

We got a nice little heat wave here, my favorite thing that sometimes happens in March so we got to let Brady have a lot of firsts. First day at the beach, first night at Disneyland and first visit down to Uncle Adam's in San Diego. We had a busy week! For Brady, the days are all pretty much the same and as determined as I am to take more pictures, Brady sleeping in the front pack in 20 different places just doesn't seem that exciting!

First beach day. Basking in the sun. He really spent 99% of the time under the umbrella with a paranoid mom trying to keep every ray off of that lily white skin!

Zach even braved the water!

And contemplated life


First Disneyland Trip
See, he's not always asleep
(why is blogger underlining this for no reason!?)


The boys intently watching the parade

Zach's lollipop which was the highlight of his night. We didn't tell him that mom was holding it later and it stuck to some passing man's pants. I really considered chasing after the man and asking for the lollipop that was stuck to his pants but decided against it.


Uncle Adam's House
We headed down to San Diego to watch some basketball on the big TV but it ended up being a PERFECT day so Zach and I spent our time out by the pool. I think everyone was 100% happy--Zach and I by the pool, Brady sleeping on Dad while watching basketball.
Zach loved watching the big boys jump in to the pool off the rocks. He decided to try to copy them in the shallow end. Thankfully, he had a watchful cousin, Maddie to help him make his big jumps.

Zach spent about an hour pouring water into the buckets and cups

Brady and Dad joined us when it cooled off a little. Brady learned the fine art of hanging out by the pool drinking Diet Coke, my kind of Saturday.

Brady and Dad watching some pretty sad basketball


Much to Dad's displeasure, Zach got a manicure AND pedicure from Maddie

He was very pleased with himself and was pretty upset when I took it off before church (I left it on his toes though-- don't tell dad!)

Love,
Mom


5 comments:

Megan Bowen said...

I love it! You guys sure have been busy!

Janice H said...

I love all the pictures. Brooke, you are looking great! How does Zach like the new stroller?

Sara Decker said...

Who's pool is that? Are you kidding? So rad. Cute pictures, you all look great, and are having so much fun, hope we can play soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Brooke! I came across your blog because I was researching if I am able to do the mudrun being about 6-7 weeks pregnant. I am signed up for the Irvine lake mud run in April. I just found out I'm pregnant, but still hoping to be able to do the mud run with my friends... How was your experience? I do have a few friends we'll hang back with me. How were the obstacles? Thanks!! yatina212@gmail.com

Katelyn & Wade said...

Zach contemplating life had me laughing out loud. As did the sucker stuck to some mans backside. Hilarious. And seriously, let's talk about that pool. Wow!