Saturday, August 20, 2011

OC Fair

Dear Kate and Riley,
Back to "normal" blogging. The summer is speeding by. I never get to take pictures of our every day activities because with two crazy runners on my hands there is just no way to take pictures at the same time.

Last year we skipped the fair but this year we knew it was time to head back. A bunch of Zach's buddies and their dads got tickets to the demolition derby so the moms and babies decided we'd join them for a few rides and some food and then let the boys have their fun. Turns out the fair just isn't the best place for an 18 month old. Poor Brady was stuck in his stroller watching Zach go on rides that he was too little to go on. We didn't last long but it was just about the right amount of fair time for me anyway. And I got to try some deep fried kool aid. It was actually pretty good.


Happy in the stroller for a few minutes!

Waiting in line, feeling unsure (doesn't he look like such a big boy?)


Zach giving himself a fist pump for conquering the big slide



Brady got a turn, I'm still not sure if he even liked it!


These two were such goof balls. They love each other so much it is adorable.


He had been asking me for like two days before if he could go on the bumper cars. I was glad he was tall enough. Round one though he couldn't really figure out how to get it to move. We were standing on the side yelling, "Push the red thing with your foot!" he didn't move far but didn't seem to care much.



Love these 3, getting ready to ride the roller coaster. I was glad that they were big enough to ride alone. Two years ago Nicole and I (I was pregnant) had to ride WITH them and this ride was NOT made for adult size bodies.






I love their faces!


We took Brady and Lily over to the petting zoo, thinking that was where we could safely let them out of their strollers. Brady was not too excited.

He did eventually try petting a pig but he was never super in to it


Round 3 (or 4 or 5?) he had it all figured out. I don't even want to know how much money we spent on bumper cars that night.


The demo derby was with motor homes. And FYI, every one of his cars now is a motor home. As is our minivan.





I love the intensity. He told me his motor home won.

The boys being silly



They got to stand around the trophy and take pics. I love that Zach is so genuinely happy.


I love that Zach and Aaron got in some good father/son time. He hasn't stopped talking about it since. He will keep randomly telling me "mom I had fun at the fair!"

Love,
Mom

No comments: