Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My dog: preparing me for motherhood one barf at a time


This is our dog, Bella. We love her like she's our first born, however, she is teaching us a thing or two about parenting. Last night, as I got up for one of my many nighttime potty runs, I stepped in something warm and soft. Is it sad to say I was relieved to find out it was barf and not poop? With all the barf and poop I've cleaned up in the past six months I would say I'm on my way to being a great mom. I've never even gagged.

7 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

bella is so freakin cute. i hope your babies are as cute as bella but don't throw up as much

Michelle Taft said...

i can't wait for the madness to begin! maybe you will be able to teach bella to breastfeed one of the twins for you.

Hansel said...

That was uncalled for "Western Rebel." It would have been more appropriate to suggest that Bella teach the little ones how to puke in strategic places where it will be sure to get stepped in. That's a skill worth learning.

I hope that your dog and your children get along. You can read here: http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1084&id=2343652005
about the woman had that face transplant because her dog chewed off her face while she was sleeping. I would let your children sleep in a dog-proof room.

Anonymous said...

That's gross!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Jenny was more of a kid to take care of. Word on the street is that she wets the bed!

brooke said...

is that really from my mom?

Anonymous said...

I thought a degree in english might generate a higher class discussion of your life. All that tuition for a college education and we get high school potty humor. Perhaps you should spend more time with Aaron and less time with the high school sophomores. Now I understand your ideas for how Bret could ask out his date a little better.