Sunday, October 29, 2006

I've become one of "those" people



Its true. I have. I dressed up my dog for Halloween. I swore I'd never do it. But we were decorating the new minivan for trunk or treating at the ward party and it seemed sad not to have a child or anything to bring to the party and since it was all outside in the parking lot, I went for it. Besides, the bow and t-shirt were half off at the pet store! So, I thought of it as "practice" for next year. Next year I'll have real babies to dress up for Halloween and I won't have to subject my dog to torture and humiliation. Do you think dogs get embarrassed? Because I'm pretty sure mine was. But the minivan was a hit! We ran out of 3 Costco sized bags of candy because everyone had to come see the puppy multiple times (ok, maybe it was just because we bought good candy).

8 comments:

Michelle Taft said...

awesome! i was looking at the picture though and thinking you totally should have drawn a jack-o-lantern face on the orange shirt covering your preggo belly!

Liz Stanley said...

no, you aren't one of 'those people' until you put bella in your baby carriage and cart her around. i still can't believe you bought a minivan before the kids even came. anyone else out there in the blog world think it's wierd?

Michelle Taft said...

minivans are weird period.

brooke said...

The jack-o-lantern on the belly is a good idea, I might use it for work tomorrow. Only problem is, my husband put the orange shirt in the dryer and seeming as it was not maternity, there is little hope that it still covers the big belly. Is it worth investing another $2.50 at Old Navy?

Michelle Taft said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle Taft said...

first of all, props to your husband for knowing how to work the dryer. and it's totally worth the $2.50 at old navy for a new one.

Liz Stanley said...

michelle look how popular we're making brooke look! 7 comments before noon!

Liz Stanley said...

brooke i think you should use bella as a trick to get more treats on halloween. put in her a stroller (don't pretend you don't have one yet or haven't carted her around in one), pile blankets on top of her, stick a kitty hat on her head and then go trick or treating. Make sure to leave her in the shadows and point out your 'sleeping baby' for the loot