Monday, October 08, 2007

A few more days!


Dear Kate and Riley,
I can't believe it but in just a few short days your baby brother, Zachary, will be here! It has gone by so slow and yet so fast at the same time. I can't believe you've been gone almost a year. I can't believe I've made it through ANOTHER 38 weeks of pregnancy (that makes us at 65 total and Thursday will make 66). I honestly cannot remember what it feels like NOT to be pregnant, I am really looking forward to getting my body back, but it has been worth all the sacrifices. You girls have done a really good job of watching over Zachary while he's been inside of me and I know you will be his guardian angels once he is here. We will let him know all the time what a lucky little boy he is to have not one but two angel sisters watching over him.

Dad and I had been stumped on a name for most of my pregnancy. I had liked Zachary all along and we had thrown a few other names around a little too but I felt like I needed something significant to help me decide. I was waiting for some kind of sign or something to tell me what this special baby's name should be. One day I was watching a show and the lady on it was talking about how she had cancer and they didn't know if they'd ever be able to have kids. They decided to try and were able to have a son and they named him Zachary because it means "God Remembers". When I heard that I started crying and I knew that it was the perfect name for our baby boy too. Even though I don't think that God has ever FORGOTTEN us, I do feel like having this special blessing of a new baby has shown us that God does remember us and has found a way to answer our prayers of having a family here on earth with us. I wish we could all be together but I know that your spirits will linger near as you pass baby Zachary on to Mom and Dad. I think you will be sad to see your baby brother come down to earth, but I think you will also be very happy to look down and see your family so happy.

Zachary could get here any day but Friday is the day I'm going to be induced if he doesn't come before then. I am so nervous and excited all at the same time. I promise to write about everything as soon as he gets here!

love,
Mom

7 comments:

Holly said...

Best of luck to you this week! We'll be thinking of you and praying for your little boy! We'll check back often for new updates of your little family!
Luv, Holly

Lauren said...

Cute room! I am so excited for you! Good luck!

Cass said...

((((HUGS)))) to you....I can only imagine how bittersweet this all must be for you. Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you on Friday. Take care!

Liz Stanley said...

yeah for zachary's safe arrival! post pics already!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke....
i'm not sure if you remember us March '07 Mommies, but we have all been thinking about you lately!

We are so excited that God has blessed you with Zachary.

Much love!

Natasha
Nats_Irish_Eyes

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke....
i'm not sure if you remember us March '07 Mommies, but we have all been thinking about you lately!

We are so excited that God has blessed you with Zachary.

Much love!

Natasha
Nats_Irish_Eyes

Gina said...

Brooke, I found your blog through Bertie's blog and I have cried for you to hear of your loss, but I am so excited for your new baby to come! You are so brave to write about it all so openly- I'm sure you've helped a lot of people by writing about what you've gone through.
p.s. The nursery looks adorable!