Thursday, October 18, 2007

Zachary Aaron is here!!


Dear Kate and Riley,

Your baby brother is finally here! Last Friday, October 12th at 12:10 pm Zachary Aaron O'Farrell entered the world. Dad and I went to the hospital Friday morning at 6 am so I could be induced. I was so excited and scared at the same time. I just couldn't believe that we were really going to have a baby that day and part of me was still scared that something was going to go wrong.

Around 7 am they started pitocen, the medicine to make me contract. About an hour later the doctor came in and broke my water. I spent a lot of time watching Zachary's heart rate on the monitor but he was doing really well the whole time. After a little bit my contractions started getting really intense so I called the nurse and asked if I could get my epidural. I was worried because when I had you my epidural didn't work so well. This time though was totally different, it worked great and I didn't feel ANY pain after that! I was so happy!

An hour after I got my epidural the nurse came in and said we were ready to push, I couldn't believe it, I was thinking it would take hours longer but here we were and it wasn't even lunch time! We had to wait for the doctor to get there and hope that Grandma Janice would make it in time, she was still on the road!

Around 11:30 the doctor arrived and we got ready to push. I still couldn't feel anything so it was kind of tough but I would have rather had it that way than have it hurt! We were getting close but Zack was sunny side up so the doctor had to get the vacuum to help get him out. Once she got the vacuum on his head it was only one more set of pushes and he was out! I couldn't believe it I just kept looking at him and his little cry was the best sound I had ever heard. I was so happy that your baby brother was here safe and sound. I really feel like you got to be in the room with us that day to watch him come into the world.

Here are some pictures of Zachary, he is so lucky to have you watching over him. I think he looks a lot like you. I would stare at him in the hospital that first night and I really felt like he looked like you. Please continue to watch over him.

Love, Mom




Zack's first bath

Zack and mommy, day 2 in the hospital


Zack and mommy meet

8 comments:

Bertie said...

Congratulations Brooke!! He is just beautiful, just like Kate and Riley! I have loved reading your blog- you are an incredibly strong woman and an inspiration to us all! I hope you get lots of rest ahead and enjoy your time with Zach! Thanks so much for sharing everything with us in your blog!!

Bertie

Lisa Webb said...

Congradulations! He's so adorable! He already looks so old in that first picture, so much personality! Love it!!!

Becca said...

Hi Brooke,

We've never met but I've read your entire blog and I am just so impressed with your strength and your faith. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! He really does look a lot like his big sisters. I am so happy that you were blessed with this beautiful baby boy! All the best to you and your lovely family.

Becca

Holly said...

Brooke...I am so excited for you! I love the picture when you're "first meeting" Zachary! What a special feeling that must have been! He is just so cute! Miss ya, and wish you the best!!!

Andrea Coles said...

Brooke & Aaron-

Congratulations on your new arrival!! I love that he looks just like a mini-Aaron, so it is very fitting that that would be his middle name. We're so happy for you and wish you the best with the new baby. We wish we could be there to celebrate with you, but I'm sure we'll see you soon. You two are one our favorite couples and you are both so amazing.

Give him a kiss for us,

Spencer & Andrea

Barbara said...

Yeah! Happy day. So glad the little man is here. I know he came into this world so quickly because his sisters were cheering him on. Let the play dates begin!

Rachel B. said...

Brooke,

I've never met you, but I'm Tom Bjorkman's wife Rachel. I just wanted to say congratulations on your new little guy! He is absolutely adorable and I completely agree with some of the others that he looks so much like Aaron. That's the first thing I said to Tom when I saw the pictures. I have read your whole blog and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful it is. You are such an amazing writer and I can tell that you are an extremely strong and spiritual person. I'm so glad you shared your experiences. Have so much fun with little Zachary!

Steph said...

Brooke,
I promise I am not a weirdo or stalker but I have been "stalking" your blog for many many many months now. You are so amazing and I am soooooooooo happy for you and baby Zack! He is such a doll! How fun! Much Love from Chicago. Stephanie