Friday, April 11, 2008

6 months!


Dear Kate and Riley,
Today is your brother's half birthday! Where did the time go? I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital yesterday and yet somehow half a year has passed. It makes me so happy to see him grow and so sad that it is going by so so fast. He is such a big and happy boy. He learned how to sit up this week and is SO proud of himself, I love the picture of him eating the butterflies because that is exactly what I see most of the day, Zach sitting up with something, anything, shoved in his mouth but he's usually smiling underneath whatever that is. He also started eating cereal and LOVES it! He tries to grab the spoon from me and always wants more than I am giving him at the time.

There is a country song out right now that pretty much sums up how I feel because even after we have a rough day or a rough night, I just know how much I need to cherish every moment with him since it goes by so fast. The chorus says, "You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back... you're gonna wish this hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times, so take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this." Last night dad and I were talking about aunt Jenny getting married and I said I was kind of jealous because I know we'll never get to go back to that time when you just have so few worries and its just the two of you and you are just so silly in love. I love your dad now more than ever, but it is definitely different. But now I'm rambling.

I miss you girls. Give your brother hugs while he naps today and tell him happy half birthday!

Love,

Mom

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

mikelle said...

Oh my goodness Brooke! He is so stinkin' cute! With those big blue eyes! I can't get over how adorable he is. Sitting up and eating cereal? He's a big boy now! Before you know it he'll be walking and talking! It's scary how fast the time flies by!

Barbara said...

Happy 6 months Zach! Can't wait until you are able to crawl around with Kaden! Then the pool won't be so relaxing for Mommy. Heehee. :)

Liz Stanley said...

cute cute pictures!!!!! that bottom right one looks JUST like aaron... i can see him saying 'liz, you ACCIDENTLY e-filed your taxes when we were going to file an extension???'. sorry zach, i mean aaron.

Lisa Webb said...

6 months!?!?! Why do babies grow so fast! Happy Half Birthday Zac!