Monday, May 19, 2008

New month, new skills

Very proud he made it across the living room

Wow, there's a whole big world out there!


Look, mom! I can eat your curtains!


Tired after a hard morning's work


Dear Kate and Riley,
I can't believe May is more than half way through. The time really goes way too fast. If I were teaching right now I think time would be stuck in slow motion as I counted down to the end of the school year. Instead time is rushing by me and I am shocked every day at how this little man is growing up so fast right before my eyes.

Last week Zach turned 7 months and I thought just today how I doubted 7 months would be any different than 6. Then this morning as I was eating my breakfast and Zach was sitting and playing with his toys he fell onto his back (nothing new). But this time instead of screaming for me to come get him he rolled over and kept playing (good!). Then he saw something he wanted across the room so he continued to roll and then got himself up on his hands and almost knees and I wondered exactly what he was planning to do next. He couldn't quite get a forward momentum though he tried really hard. He did, however realize he could go backwards (something new!) and he can spin himself so he managed to get to what he wanted. He seemed to discover a whole new world this morning and it was so much fun to watch. I love watching him do something new because I can tell he is always very proud of himself! He scooted and rolled around the living room for almost an hour before getting so tired he just laid his head down right there on the carpet.

I can only imagine that forward scooting and then crawling are coming up soon. I was really hoping to get at least part of my summer on the beach without having to chase him, but it doesn't look like that will happen! I guess I better get to baby proofing.

Keep an eye on this little man!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Holly said...

He is so cute Brooke! How fun that he crawls backwards and is discovering the world:)

Barbara said...

He is growing too fast. They all are. Before we know it, they will be going to kindergarten. Agh!