Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're Back!

Dear Kate and Riley,
We just got back from our first big O'Farrell family trip with ALL of dad's family. We spent a week in Brian Head, Utah with all of dad's siblings, Grandpa Frank and Grandma Geri and all of your cousins from dad's side. It was a big, crazy group and we had a BLAST. We rented a great cabin for the week and spent time hiking, fishing and playing. Zach had a great time with his cousins, he got so much more confident with his crawling and was all over the cabin! He's impossible to contain now. He loved hiking in his luxury backpack (not sure that dad loved carrying him but it had to be better than the front pack). I loved seeing Bryce Canyon (so pretty!), staying up late playing fun games with the adults, and playing at the "danger park" with Aunt Stacy like I was a kid. It was great that there was no phone reception and no internet, just the fam. Grandma Geri graciously volunteered to babysit on Wed. so dad and I could go out and celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We kept it simple and went out for pizza but I was just happy that we both got to eat at the same time!
Dad's family is great and I feel blessed to have married into a family that I love so much. I'm so happy that Zach has so many great examples all around him. I wish you could be here to play with your cousins, I can only imagine how crazy it would be with you two and Camryn all together!
Sorry for the picture overload but I couldn't choose just a few!
Love,
Mom


Mom and Zach at Natural Bridge in Bryce


All the cousins at Cedar Breaks


Mom, Dad and Z in Bryce


Dad and Zach at Cedar Breaks (look at that smile, he loves the pack!)


How Zach spent most of the day at Bryce

Dad, Grandpa Frank and Zach
Talk about family resemblance!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Brooke, I found your site through Carlie Wendel's site and just love it (I'm not sure if I've introduced myself before or not).

What a fun trip it looks like you had. There's nothing better than being with family you love. Great pictures!

jess said...

fun fun brookie. i've been meaning to call you, but looks like i wouldn't have gotten you anyways! soo jealous of the backpack - well, clint is really, since he is the one who carries owey in the front pack on our hikes! hope you are doing well... miss you guys!

Holly said...

I love family time...and it looks like there was a lot to enjoy! Love all the pictures! Your little man is getting so big!

Barbara said...

Welcome home! Your pictures are awesome. That hike looked so beautiful. Zach looks so old in his hat - love it! Glad you had so much fun.

Lisa Webb said...

what a fun trip! didn't know you were gone (new mommy hibernation!) but so glad your back!

Holly said...

I didn't know that you knew Sara Sorensen from your BYU English Teaching classes! Such a great girl! She was actually in our very first ward at BYU and we just love her family:) It's crazy how small this world really is!