Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!



Dear Kate and Riley,

Merry Christmas a little late. We just got back from Christmas in Houston with all the Hansens. It will be our last time all together for at least two years since Uncle Bret is leaving on his mission in just a few weeks. It was fun to be with everyone, Zach, Summer and Ali are just a handful all together but I think that a good time was had by all. We survived both 3 hour plane rides with only minor melt downs and one "poop incident" which left some of Zach's pants in the trash can of the Houston airport.

Zach was spoiled by grandparents and aunts and uncles, mom and dad had some wonderful nights out (and even an overnight away!), we got to take Uncle Bret to the temple for the first time, hear his very funny and touching farewell talk, take Zach to see his first real live alligator, dad got to "golf" with Zach for the first time, we all ate lots of fattening food and just appreciated being together.

Being in the temple with all of my siblings and my parents was a really special moment. I really felt your presence that night at the temple and felt that you got to be there with us. I knew that if it was a touching day for me it must have been 100 times more special for my parents. I would imagine that was a very proud moment for them to have all of their children together in the temple and I'm sure there were times when they wondered if it would ever happen. I was so glad we got to do that before Bret left.

Reading with Grandpa Ross

Christmas Eve "bells" our favorite tradition!

Christmas Eve pj's. They say "What Santa doesn't bring me, Grandma will!"
So true. And seriously, will I ever get these three to look at the camera!?

Christmas morning
I love this picture, the Christmas morning overload. Dad had a good fro going on.


Overwhelmed by presents galore!


Uncle Bret after his farewell talk

Dad finally got to take Zach golfing!


Brazos Bend, the alligator park. The kids loved the bridge, moms and grandma were a little nervous about it.
We actually saw a bunch of alligators. This was a little one but still pretty cool!

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Holly said...

How fun to see a picture of your whole family! I can't believe Bret is big enough to go on a mission! Isn't he still 2??? Looks like you had a very memorable Christmas! Love all the pictures!!!

Liz Stanley said...

merry christmas! fun to see you guys all together. you look fabulous and bret looks so old! is he still promised to trina?

Lisa Webb said...

Hey Skinny minney! You look AWESOME!! Derrick and I had a quick giggle over Aaron's hair chirstmas morning, thanks for posting that! glad you had a great christmas!!!

Barbara said...

So you look super sexy in your church outfit. Is that the skirt you were telling me about? I love it! Are those your brother's twins?? Holy cow, they are so much older than I keep thinking in my head. You guys went to a REAL alligator farm? That is crazy!! I would have been so nervous on that little bridge.