Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter-- part 2 Zachary style



Dear Kate and Riley,
I told you we had a lot of Easter festivities this year! I am going to try to condense them into one post.
Friday we got started with Zachary's first Easter egg hunt. I had him practice at home (yes, seriously) but I knew he'd be one of the youngest and I wanted him to know what he was doing! He did great although most of the eggs he got had already had the candy eaten out of them by the bigger kids, I don't even think he understood that there was supposed to be candy in them.

Saturday we had egg hunt #2 with the ward. He knew exactly what to do and had a great time (and Dad had a great time raiding his loot later on).

On Sunday the Easter bunny came and brought Zachary some hot wheels a "mo-mo" (motorcycle) and some coloring books. He also got candy but I think Dad is the only one who got to eat it. Zach refused to eat breakfast and dinner on Sunday, I think all that he had all day was candy and half a hot dog (hey you win some you lose some). I got to make a big Easter feast and we had some friends over to share it with us, we had a great time! Now if only I could get rid of the rest of this candy!
Sorry for the picture overload, there were so many cute ones!
Love,
Mom

First egg hunt


Checking out his loot

Don't mess with us, we're eating jelly beans!

Hunt #2, checking out the loot with Will and the dads

Mmmm, beans

The "mo-mo"

I wasn't trying to be artistic, it just happened to be the best picture and dad just happened to be in the background!

3 comments:

megan said...

oh you should try to be artistic more often...it was really cute!

Danielle said...

I agree Brooke, you actually take AMAZING photographs! You should really thinking about dabbling in photography!

The Hunt's said...

I feel like he is just growing up so fast! He's outfit is so cute. Your Easter posts always make me cry, I remember still remember yours from last year. How blessed we are to find comfort in tragedy, thanks for the sweet reminder.