Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


Dear Kate and Riley,

I think that this year Easter is going to require a few different posts. We have had a lot of Easter festivities this year. But today I want to stick with the important things. You know that I love Easter because we get to celebrate the act that will bring us back together some day. We get a chance to really focus on Christ, his atonement and resurrection and the promise that gives us of another chance, another life and an eternal family. I cannot wait for the day that I see you again and can hold you in my arms. I know Jesus lives. I know He died for us and rose again. I know that through Him and the ordinances of His true and living church we will be together as a family forever. Easter makes me want to be better, to live up to my end of the covenants I have made and to make sure I raise your brother so that he can have the testimony that I do. I love you, I can only imagine the celebrations of joy that must happen in heaven on a special day like today. Yesterday at the cemetery there were two new graves, one right next to yours and my heart ached. I hope that those parents can find the truth and the peace that a testimony of Christ and His church can bring to them. It made me realize that I need to share my testimony more often.
I love you girls. I hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday.
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Hansel said...

Dear Kate and Riley,
We thought of you today too, that's why we checked the blog to see what your sweet mama had said. We love you too and miss you. We can't wait to get to know your little spirits some day, though I'm sure Summer and Ali will already know you well. I like to think you were the angels that sent them here to us. Hugs and kisses from us.

jess said...

thanks for the reminder of what easter is really about and how blessed we are to have this gift and also to have the understanding of it that brings so much peace. we love you guys!

Rachel B. said...

So sweet. Thank you for this beautiful post.b

Meg said...

I hope that you don't mind my comment... I found your blog a long time ago and kept peeking in because we were going to have babies around the same time. Our sons are less than a week apart, so it was fun for me to see how your little guy was growing up! I did read about your sweet little girls and I just couldn't imagine going through something like that and losing a baby (let alone two!) I really admire your strength. Well, I no longer will "imagine" what it would be like to lose a baby, I lost my second son a few weeks ago after having my water break at 21 weeks. I've thought about you, even though I don't know you, and coming back to your blog has brought me a lot of strength. Thank you for being such an example to me, I don't personally know anyone who has been through this before so I really thank you for writing about your girls. I too look forward to the day that I can be reunited with my son, and am so grateful for the plan of salvation. Thanks again!

~Meg (megsnest.blogspot.com)