Sunday, August 16, 2009

More Summer Fun

Dear Kate and Riley,

I have been WAY too lazy about posting lately. All of our summer fun is taking it out of me! But when I saw these cute pics on my friend Lisa's blog, I had to steal them and talk about one of our favorite summer activities.

The Irvine Spectrum is our "outdoor" mall. I love it for shopping and Zach loves it for playing. I mean really where else can I go to all my favorite places-- Target, Nordies, Rubios AND sit and relax while Zach has HOURS of fun at the splash pad? I really think its one of the best things to happen to our summer. I love that I can get a little shopping done then sit at a table in the shade with a huge diet coke and chat with my friends while Zach has the time of his life. Dad thinks it is trashy to let your kid play on the splash pad but I don't think he gets that it was made for that express purpose (I think he pictures me letting Zach play in the water fountain or something).

Zach with Quinn and Landon

Zach is FEARLESS with the fountains, it is hilarious to watch him get sprayed in the face, but he loves it!

He usually fights other kids for a spot on one of the turtles

Quinn is very lady like and uses the bucket like a purse

Zach is more of a maniac and runs around with the bucket on his head! He seriously did that a ton that day and actually did a pretty good job of not running into other kids or falling down. Quite impressive.

Thanks Lisa for letting me steal your pics and your cute post!

Love,
Mom


3 comments:

Lisa Webb said...

That was seriously a great day! let's do it again soon!

Nate and Nicole said...

Okay, I need to get in on this :)! We've never tried over there. We've only tried by Target, and Will just wanted to run into the parking lot, so that wasn't the best. Let's go this week!

Katelyn & Wade said...

That bucket on his head makes me laugh right out loud!