Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beach Days

Dear Kate and Riley,
I think Aunt Stacy said it best on her blog-- it's a rough life, but somebody's got to live it! Zach and I are certainly having the summer of a life time. I just can't help but know that this is the easiest I'll ever have it and I better enjoy every second of it. Zach is happy and easily entertained, and with just him, its pretty much a cinch for us to go out and enjoy summer all day every day. Plus then we come home and he (usually) takes a really long nap where mom can catch up on some rest too. Living where we do it seems like a shame to do it any other way. I just realized though that I need to be better at documenting it. So hopefully this will be just one of a few posts about our fun summer days.

we are working on our surfing skills


realizing that the fat thighs get less of a rash with no swim suit


being overly brave about the water some days and a little more cautious on the days after a wipe out


sometimes have to find a little bit of shade with our other friends who think swim suits are for wusses


and definitely love to enjoy a refreshing piece of water melon after all that play!

(and no, mom will not be pictured in any of the summer fun photos due to the least favorite state of pregnancy, the--I do not look pregnant, just like a tub-o-lard state)

Love,
Mom

*And since Megan asked why the beach is empty, well my friends, its only when you have connections to the exclusive gated community beaches in Laguna that you get empty beaches, rock star parking, a playground on the sand, showers, bathrooms and we seriously are starting to think-- some kind of imported sand that cannot be found on any other beach in CA! We are lucky to have been invited a few times and now we're spoiled rotten! Believe it or not the day these pictures were taken we thought the beach was crowded!

6 comments:

megan said...

love it...and the empty looking beach...whats up with that?

Marcy said...

Okay, next time you get invited to this beach, invite ME! Looks fantastic!

Barbara said...

Live it up for us! Until Paxton is sitting up on his own, we'll be chillen by the pool or in our own backyard. Part of me is sad to be missing out on the fun beach days with you ladies, but then I figure the beach isn't going anywhere - I'll be joining soon enough! So like you said ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!! ;)

Moka said...

I love that he was rockin a swimmie and he does it so well! That is so my favorite beach to! Lets go to the beach sometime this week.

Abi said...

cute pics of the boys! That was super fun!

The Hunt's said...

For real, I'm with Marcy! Share the love Brooke, share the love!