Monday, June 21, 2010

Laguna Hills Half

Dear Kate and Riley,

I'm so behind on blogging! But there are a few things I really didn't want to miss here. Over Memorial Day weekend a few girlfriends and I ran the Laguna Hills Half marathon (ok more like I ran in their dust!). It was the same one I ran after Zach was born except Zach was born in October so I had MUCH more time to train than I did with Brady. In order to be ready for this race I had to start running as SOON as Brady was 6 weeks old. It was tough but I was so glad that I had the race to motivate me to get out there soon. I am also so grateful for Melissa who stuck by me when I was so slow.

The actual race day was great, despite feeling undertrained I felt good during the race and was able to run faster than I thought I would be able to. I ran it about 15 min faster than I did after I had Zach but I was about 18 min slower than the fastest half I've run but I have time to build back up to that. I ran it in 2 hours and 26 min which made me happy even though it was still pretty slow, I mean hey, I had a baby less than 4 months before!

Aunt Jenny and Uncle Chris were here for the weekend so it was fun to have my own little cheering section. We had a blast with them all weekend and Zach was so sad when they left.

The painful finish, I thought I was going to die!

My fans


My chubby bunny. Love this kid.

Aunt Jenny, it was so fun to have her there!

Julia was the last of the fasties to stick around for us slow girls. No one should have to take a picture next to Julia while wearing spandex.


Melissa, my training partner. This was her first half ever and I was SO so proud of her!


Zach's favorite part of the race


Exactly what I wanted to be doing

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Marcy said...

You GO girl! Proud of you and laughing at your Julia comment. Ain't that the truth! But you look terrific and my hat is off to you my friend!

Rachel B. said...

Holy moly. You're awesome! I once ran 3 miles. That's it. That's all I got. ;)