Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Laguna Hills Half




Dear Kate and Riley,
Another Memorial Day, another Laguna Hills Half Marathon! I'm liking our little tradition of running this one with all the girls. We had a first timer, a baby come back, a few PR's, and an injury overcome. It was a good race for everyone!

This race made me happy. I beat my personal best by 10 full minutes! I ran this race in 2 hours and 15 seconds. I was very pleased with that and VERY thankful to Sara who stuck with me the whole time and who really pushed me the last few miles when I wanted to slow down and forget my goal. I really realized how far I'd come. The first half I ever ran took me 2 hours and 45 min. So I have come a long, long way. I'm so grateful for the girls I run with and how much they have pushed me to do things I didn't think I could do!



me and Sara


me, Barbara, Sara, Laura


Zach did NOT want to be in a picture



This kid, never gets to escape the stroller!

Love,
mom

No comments: