Thursday, July 07, 2011

St. George Getaway

Dear Kate and Riley,

I'd been working more than I wanted so as soon as my tutoring took a break for the month of June we headed out of town for a quick getaway before we started our "real" vacations. I love St. George vacations because they are so laid back and we don't do much besides hang out at the pool. We met Uncle Andrew and family and had a relaxing long weekend.

We started off with a delicious breakfast, Brady loved chocolate chip pancakes


Because it wasn't super hot yet we did some "hiking" (letting kids climb on rocks). I was just glad it wasn't 25 degrees like it was when we were there in January!













We spent LOTS of time at the pool. Zach was a fish, he did such a good job! I had to watch him of course but I didn't have to be IN the water with him (which was great!)



This guy was a little more demanding but we tried to get to the pool when he was napping and one of us would stay back with him (I didn't complain about doing that either!)


He wasn't feeling great but he was still pretty happy




Snacks by the pool

He had to wear goggles just like brother!

These two are 11 days apart. They aren't always sure of each other but it's fun when they do interact.


Cousin time

By the time we left Brady was pretty sick. He screamed for over an hour in the car and when we stopped for dinner I made the executive decision that it was time for him to face forward in his carseat. He's a little guy and barely meets the weight requirement so I was holding out. But he was SO happy to face forward and SO happy to finally be able to see the movies he'd only be able to hear before now. It was over all a good move.


Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Tia said...

so cute! You look great! As Taylor would say Haughty with a naughty body random but he said that the other day I thought it was funny - but seriously you look good girl.