Friday, July 17, 2009

The Deets...



Dear Kate and Riley,
I had to let that last picture speak for itself for a while but since I'm sure you are wanting some more details (or are you up there playing with him or her and really know more than me!?), I thought I'd add some more.

YES, I think this baby is an Italy souvenir. I'm not going to go back and figure it all out because, well its just more romantic to say that it is.

NO, I don't care whether its a boy or girl. Of course I want to know I'll have another girl SOME day but for now this baby will have to share a room with Zach so I wouldn't mind a boy but I'd be happy with a girl too.

Due date-- Feb. 6th 2010 which puts me at 11 weeks. I didn't plan to "announce" so soon but I got that picture back from Lisa and it was so adorable I had to post it right away.

OF COURSE this baby is already causing drama. Like you girls with your shared placenta and Zach with his low fluid, apparently I am never meant to have an easy care free pregnancy. Everything looks fine so far despite the scares we have had but I will ask everyone to keep this new baby in their prayers and maybe pray for my sanity as well. I am sad that I can't just be someone who gets pregnant, goes in for scheduled appointments, and pops out a baby in the end. I wanted this to be my "enjoyable" pregnancy but I guess that's not how I do babies. The one good thing to drama-- lots of ultrasounds. And the office got a new 3-d machine, it is SO cool.

I've actually been feeling decent. I'm not nearly as sick as I was with you girls or with Zach. I am a little sick but as long as I eat lots of carbs very often, I feel decent. I'm just exhausted and I'm sure Zach has a little something to do with that. But we haven't let it slow down our summer of fun (beach, pool, etc.) just don't look at my kitchen.

Tell your brother or sister to stop causing mom drama and just hang out and grow for 7 more months!

Love,
Mom

8 comments:

Holly said...

That picture is amazing! I am so excited for you and your family! Italy does sound romantic...so just leave it at that:o) Can't wait for more updates!!!

Megan Bowen said...

I absolutely love it that you just called it "The Deets".

Elizabeth said...

I"m seriously so excited for you guys! I remember how you were telling me that you wanted to get pregnant in Italy!! I hope that everything goes well with this pregnancy! it was fun to see you at the beach yesterday!

megan said...

Hey...whats the drama?

Barbara said...

I love the picture! It is so great getting to see the little bean and knowing that there is something significant going on inside even though, other than the drama, you can't really tell yet! So exciting.

The Hunt's said...

Look at that little babe! I love it. So Giovanna or Giovanni???

Jill Denham said...

Congrats you guys! We are expecting again and will be sharing the due date with you kids :) Kind of wild, good luck and keep us posted!!!

Meg said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting news! I hope that everything goes well for you in this pregnancy. I don't know why it's so hard for some of us to bring these babies here, I too would love to have a "normal" pregnancy someday. That picture of your little boy is adorable! What a sweetheart.