Wednesday, July 22, 2009

OC Mud Run

Dear Kate and Riley,
A few months ago I signed up with some friends to do the OC Mud Run. It was just a 5k and since I had been running so much before getting pregnant I didn't think it would be a big deal at all. But, since I've been having a few problems the doctor has told me no heavy exercising for a little while (hopefully I can start back next week!). I was just going to bag it but I thought, Hey, I paid my money and I want my t-shirt and my roll in the mud! Some sweet friends were nice enough to hang back with me so I could take it easy and make sure I wasn't doing anything too strenuous that would hurt the baby. It ended up being a great time despite the heat and the crowds! I can't wait for next year when I can actually run the whole thing.

Pre-mud looking clean and nice in our "lead pipe" shirts


Finish line. This was gross. Really. And people kept finishing and splashing mud all over our faces. Nasty.

Post run in all our glory

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

those pictures look like soo much fun! I should have done it, maybe next year...

Barbara said...

You did great Brooke - being PG and all!! Major props to you for sticking it out!

Holly said...

What nice friends you have! Congrats on your accomplishment! That looks like a blast:o)

Mimi said...

I was googleing the Mud Run. I am doing a 10 k Mud Run. Any advice? Why do they recommend boots and army pants? Can you do it in shorts?