Monday, July 06, 2009

4th of July, St. George Style


Dear Kate and Riley,

We had a fun and crazy 4th this year. Dad got off early on Thurs. and we headed out on the 6 hour drive to St. George to meet up with the entire O'Farrell clan. I was SO nervous to drive during the day but we left at nap time and Zach slept all the way to the Nevada state line, not too shabby!

Zach was so excited to see his cousins, especially the ones he stayed with while we were in Italy. It was fun to see how he remembered them and still liked to call Aunt Amy and Aunt Stacy "mom". We did a lot of swimming and playing and NOT a lot of sleeping. In fact, that is probably the least amount of sleep Zach has ever had in his life. It made for some big tantrums but he still had fun.

On the 4th we did fireworks outside the condos and Zach LOVED it. He called them wo-wowks and clapped and cheered after each one. He LOVED throwing poppers and doing his sparklers (even though I was terrified he was going to grab the sparkler and burn himself). He danced with cousins behind the "flasher" fireworks and I couldn't believe he went strong until eleven that night! (he usually goes to bed at 7:30!)

It was so much fun to spend time with Dad's family, I love to see Zach's older cousins hold his hand, help him do things and play with him. His aunts and uncles love him so much and take such good care of him. We can't wait to be with the family again. Hopefully soon!

Love,
Mom

Myra, Decker and Zach watching movies


"danger" park with Dad and Camryn


loving the park, in St. George you go to the park at like 9pm because that's when its finally cool enough! This night was the night I realized "routine" was going out the window.

Our 4th of July kid


Jumping in the pool with Dad

Throwing poppers with the cousins. He eventually decided it was easier just to step on them

The dads were having their own popper war.


Camryn, Zach and Uncle Andrew


Cam and Zach


Getting ready to do fireworks. Brianna, Cam, Zach and Sky


First sparkler, a little unsure!

Soooo tired!

Clapping for the "wo-wowks"!

I guess I am out of the home firework traditions since we've never lived anywhere where we could do them. I guess when you do the flasher ones you dance behind them. Zach LOVED dancing with the cousins (and Aunt Stacy can thank me later for not posting the AWESOME pics I got of her dancing).

More dancing

3 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

Zach looks like he is having so much fun in all of those pictures! The dancing ones crack me up, you can tell he's getting his groove on :). I had no idea about the dancing/fireworks rule... don't really get it, you'll have to explain that one to me :). Glad you guys had a fun 4th.

Barbara said...

Cute cute! I miss being able to use sparklers and set off our own fireworks. Looking at your pics reminded me of when I was a kid doing those things. That park looks awesome and Zach looks like he had a total blast.

Dan & Stacy said...

Hi Brooke, my name is Stacy. We don't know each other so I hope you don't think this is creepy! I stumbled across your blog and saw that cute park in St. George. My parents live there so we go often & I've never seen it. Do you mind me asking were it is? Thanks.