Saturday, April 02, 2011

"Spring" trip to Utah

Utah... in parts

Dear Kate and Riley,
Some day, yes some day, I think we'll get to go on a trip that is not in the state of Utah. But, not yet. This "spring" (I put that in quotes because it was HARDLY spring where we went) I decided that the boys and I would ditch Dad for a few days, let him put in some real tax season hours guilt free and head to Uncle Clint and Aunt Kelli's for a week of cousin time.

We actually started out at Uncle Andrew's where we were limited to a short visit because they were leaving town. Aunt Stacy was so nice to let us crash at her house and feed us all the day she was trying to get ready to leave on a trip. I'm sure she was overwhelmed but we were grateful to get a chance to see some of the O'Farrells on our mostly Hansen trip.

We loved visiting with cousins and the highlight was getting to throw Aunt Jenny a baby shower. We are so excited for our newest cousin, but we sure wish someone besides us would start having some boys!

I braved my first solo flight with 2 kids. We had one very successful and relatively easy flight out and one nightmarish and embarrassing flight back. Oh well, we're 50/50 I guess.

I also got a chance to visit with Michelle (not long enough) and felt sad and old when we ran into a friend of hers and she introduced me as "my old college friend" and we realized it had been 13 years since we had first met in the dorms! Strange because I don't feel much older and only slightly more mature.

Andrew and Stacy's: days 1-2

Sklyer had this super cool basketball hoop in the basement. Zach wanted nothing more than to follow Skyler around and play basketball with him. All the kids fought over who got to be Jimmer! It was hilarious and slightly annoying.






The kids had a blast. They even slept under that basketball hoop! And Zach hasn't stopped talking about it.


Love,
Mom

No comments: