Thursday, July 07, 2011

Lake Tahoe-- O'Farrell Reunion

Dear Kate and Riley,
This ended up being an epic vacation. We just got home and I know if I don't get on it soon it will be until Christmas before I finish blogging about it.

We took off with the O'Farrells to Lake Tahoe this year. I was super excited because in my 19+ years as a California resident, I have never been farther north than Santa Barbara! So I was excited to see new parts of my state.

We rented a big cabin and all stayed together. That definitely has pros and cons. Pros-- togetherness, more adult time after the kids are in bed. Cons-- lots of togetherness! And noise. We definitely didn't get much sleep but that was ok.

I can't even fit our first day into one post. This is just our first hike. We hiked to a lake and I can't remember it's name now but it was really pretty and the kids did really well.







The highlight of this hike was definitely the snow (especially for the CA kids). The kids had a huge snowball fight and we had to rip them away to finish the hike.








All but the three youngest cousins


We were too cheap to rent a boat but we let all the kids sit in one, it's almost as good, right?

to be continued...

No comments: