Monday, October 20, 2008

29... Again

Dear Kate and Riley,
Well, it happened. Whether I wanted it to or not, I knew that all of this counting down to your brother's birthday was going to lead very quickly to another birthday. And I'd officially like to call it my second 29th birthday.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. The day of was pretty uneventful, our friends watched Zach while we went out to dinner which was fun, I really cherish being able to eat a meal in peace these days! Then the next day Dad took a half day off work and we headed out to Palm Springs for the weekend. It was fun even though we had a pretty NOT fun 4:30 am fire alarm at our hotel. We spent an hour outside and were let back into our rooms around 5:30. I thought that for sure after being awake for an hour in the middle of the night Zach would sleep in but no such luck, he was up at 7:30. We did luck out the next day though and he slept until almost 9!

We stayed at the Renaissance which we had never stayed at before but it was fun and nice. I loved that they had a kiddie pool just the right size for Zach and they had a "beach" at one end of the pool with sand and stuff (although I thought it was funny that we would drive out to Palm Springs to be at the "beach"!). We ate lots (too much) of yummy food, I went shopping all by myself (heaven) and we went to the Children's Museum which was also really fun. It was a great weekend and I didn't want it to end. Zach is so much fun to be out and about with, I love that he gets so excited over things. I felt like he knew he was on vacation and was just excited and fun the whole time.


Lovin' the kiddie pool and all the free plastic cups he could destroy




Checking out the water fall


We went out to dinner and there was live music outside. Zach danced and EVERYONE watched! He's such a ham. Another proof of Daddy's looks, mommy's personality!

Children's museum
I wanted proof I was there, even if I am making a funny face.


Zach's favorite thing at the museum, a big magnetic wall with tins on it that he could take off and put back on. Over, and over, and over. I think he might have stayed there all day!

4 comments:

Megan Bowen said...

We are glad that you had a good 29th birthday.

Barbara said...

Sooooo glad you had a fun getaway for your birthday! You deserved it. Thank you for being such a good friend.

Unknown said...

Brooke, you are hilarious...I love reading your blog! I'm so glad you had a good birthday! And Zach is SO adorable, I really want to meet him!

The Hunt's said...

It looks like you guys had a fun weekend, that pool looks fancy! Although I am dying at the 4:30 fire alarm!