Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Zachary!

Dear Zachary,
I don't think your sisters will mind if this one goes out to you...

I can't believe that a year has passed. I don't know where the time has gone but I like to think that I have cherished every moment of it. Zachary, you brought light and hope back into our lives during our darkest hour. You gave us a reason to press forward. You helped to fill the hole in our hearts and the great void in our arms. You taught us that we would feel joy again, true, deep and sincere joy. You showed me a whole different side of your dad, you helped me to fulfill my greatest dream. From that first high pitched scream that will forever be burned into my memory as the sweetest sound that I've ever heard you had my heart. Through the ups and downs of that scary scary pregnancy you showed me to have faith again. Never a day goes by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for entrusting us with your precious spirit here on earth. You teach me something new every day and nothing makes me happy like your fully belly head thrown back laugh or your chubby little arms around me. You will always be our rainbow baby, the promise that we received through the clouds. You will always have your precious angel sisters watching over you and two parents who couldn't be more grateful to have you in our lives. We love you chubby bunny.

Love,
Mom

One year stats:
Walking, jabbering non stop, saying "uh-oh", making monkey sounds, loving books and cars and climbing on EVERYTHING and anything, asserting independence, picky eater, great sleeper and all around cutie.



Zach and Addie shared a party on Saturday with a few freinds



Mmmmm.... cake

10 comments:

megan said...

Brooke-what a wonderful birthday wish...

p.s. where are all the people who were eating ALL that pizza?

Barbara said...

Beautifully said Brooke. You have a way with words - always very touching. Adorable pic of those two in their hats!!

Holly said...

What an exciting day!!! Happy Birthday Zach!!!

Lauren said...

Thanks for making me cry! That was so sweet. Zach is such a cutie. I can't believe he is 1 already!! Happy birthday Zach!

Sara Decker said...

I can't believe he is one, he is so big and cute. That post was so cute and sweet. So good to see you, we need to do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

Zachary! One already - happy birthday beautiful man. I love seeing your pictures because you are one gorgeous boy! I hope you had a great birthday with your mom and dad :-)

Marcy said...

Ah, he's one already? What? I still remember seeing that pic of you holding Zachary for the first time after his birth and just bawling. I was so thrilled for you guys, and here you are a year later. How does that happen?

And I too am always touched by your words. What a fantastic mommy you are!

Happy Birthday Zachary! He's so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it. He's a looker, that one! :)

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Brooke, this is such a beautiful post...after the rain comes the rainbow. Zach is such a blessing and seriously one of the cutest little boys EVER! We do need to get our boys together!!

Jill Denham said...

Happy Birthday from the Denhams!! Brooke, I know we haven't met but from what I have heard and read, you are a wonderful person and Zach is blessed to have you as his mom.
Jill

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, deeply moving letter to Zachary. Reading that made me cry at my desk at work! It's incredible how quickly time passes - can't believe I held him at just 2 weeks, and now he's a KID! You fill me with hope and inspiration.