Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My English Teacher dream come true

Five Silly Monkeys! (see his hand, he's doing the motions)

Dear Kate and Riley,
If there was one thing I looked forward to when I thought of having kids it was reading with them. Some of my best memories of my childhood are of being read to. Mostly by my dad. We loved it when he read Dr. Seuss to us. I was so excited for the chance to share my love of reading with my own kids.

I was disappointed, to say the least when Zach seemed to have NO interest in books (hmm, maybe he has my temper but he seems to be dad in every other way!). All he ever wanted to do was EAT the books. I kept trying though and recently he's finally discovered a love for books! His favorite book is the Five Little Monkeys book. He does the hand motions and everything and he loves the book because it has little monkey faces on it that he can feel. If I start singing the song he will stop whatever he's doing and bop up and down and start doing the hand motions. It is just my favorite thing when I find him with his books or when he brings a book to me and will sit in my lap and snuggle while I read to him.

On Monday I found him on the landing of the stairs where I had piled all the books we had brought to church on Sunday. he sat back there for at least 20 min just reading his little books and talking to himself. It was the cutest thing!

Love,
Mom





Oh hey, what are you doing here and why are you flashing that thing in my face?

3 comments:

megan said...

love the baby...and the diaper bag! ;)

jess said...

soo cute. happy early birthday to both of you!

Marcy said...

Seriously Brooke, he is SO beautiful, and yes, I know he's a boy, but he's still beautiful as it's the only word that I see fit to use for him! Those eyes kill me! Just darling!