Sunday, October 05, 2008

Disneyland!


Dear Kate and Riley,
Let the birthday celebrations begin! What a fun surprise when our friends called us Friday night and said they had scored FREE tickets to Disneyland! I hadn't really had the intention of taking Zach when he was so young but when its free how could we resist? Besides, what better way to begin the birth-week celebration!? So Saturday morning we headed off to Disneyland thinking that since it was free we wouldn't feel bad to only stay a few hours. Zach and his friend Addie held up really well though and we didn't end up leaving the park until 9! I have to admit it was more fun for the parents than the kids but I do think Zach enjoyed people watching (and BOY was there people watching, we came on Gay Day '08!), running around, and the few rides he went on.

I found out the hard way that the body just isn't quite the same post kids. I hadn't been to Disney in over three years and well, lets just say that a roller coaster has a different sort of effect on me than it used to. I did make it through space mountain, tower of terror and California screamer, but not necessarily with the joy that they once held for me. And although I did not pee my pants, I am pretty sure I came dangerously close. I love Disney at Halloween time with all the cute decorations and it was the perfect day for Zach to wear his cute pumpkin sweater that I scored at last year's post Halloween sales for super cheap (and I remember thinking at that time, "he'll NEVER be this big!"). It was a great day all around and the best part was that we were able to apply the cost of our tickets to annual passes and got them for about the cost of coming to Disney one more time so I'm sure there will be many future Disneyland trips (at least in the next year).

Love,
Mom




5 comments:

Megan Bowen said...

It was a GREAT day and I want to know when it is my turn to have a stroller to ride in and nap if I want to. Thanks for the fun!

Lauren said...

How Fun! Disneyland passes are the best because you can just go for a few hours and leave and not even feel bad about it. I loved having passes (we got them last year before I turned in my California license for an Ohio one). I'm sure you will get lots of use out of them. Christmas time is especially fun at Disneyland too! Zach looks adorable in his pumpkin sweater!

Holly said...

How fun to go to Disneyland...and for FREE!?! You can't beat that! Zach is so cute and I bet he had a lot of fun! Thank goodness he's not older...he'd be asking you questions about "gay day" for a long while:o) Glad you had such a great time! And by the way...you look AMAZING!!! Miss you!

Barbara said...

I must be a whimp because I just can't bring myself to even have the desire to take Kaden to Disneyland yet. Might be that I don't know what it will be like since I have never gone. Adorable Halloween sweater! Zach looks so old all of the sudden. Glad you guys had fun!!

Michelle Taft said...

Seriously Zach can NOT be that old. He's a littlekid, not a baby!That happened way way too fast.