Friday, October 10, 2008

San Diego Zoo AND Sea World!

Dear Kate and Riley,
What a week! Our friends who had the great Disneyland tickets had also scored free tickets to the zoo and Sea World! They all had to be used by today though so we had a busy week. The dads couldn't go so we got a few other moms together and headed down to San Diego TWICE for different adventures.

I love the San Diego Zoo. It is probably one of my favorite places. We grew up with passes so we got to go a lot. If we lived closer I think I would get passes and take Zach once a week, I really love it that much. My favorite things are the monkeys. I knew Zach would love them too since he is really in to monkeys right now. I was right. He liked the monkeys a lot. He also really liked the elephants. It was a HOT day (around 95!) so it was a little uncomfortable but I'm glad we got to go.

Sea World was more fun than I thought. I didn't know if Zach would like any of it because I knew he wouldn't like to sit through shows and I wasn't sure what else there was to do. I was surprised that this was probably the place that ended up being the most fun for him. He liked the tanks where he could see the dolphins swimming around. He LOVED the aquarium. He just grunted in excitement the WHOLE time we were inside, he loved being right up against the glass and watching the fish. He also loved the splash park playground thing. I made the mistake of thinking he wouldn't get too wet so I just left him in his onesie instead of putting on his swimming suit. Well, you'll see from the pictures that I was wrong, he totally got soaked! But he loved it so that was ok by me.

Zach has been totally spoiled on his birthday week, too bad he won't even remember. It could be a long time before we get to do all the fun things we did this week again. He still has his birthday party on Saturday to look forward to and his actual birthday on Sunday! Thanks again to the Bowens for hooking us up with all the free tickets! We owe you guys!

Love,
Mom

Zoo




Sea World

No comments: