Tuesday, August 10, 2010

6 months!


Dear Kate and Riley,
I have to interrupt the vacation posts (I'm still not done!) to talk about Brady! Month 5 flew by with no post and I couldn't let another month pass without an update!

The past month was a busy month for Brady. Some important milestones--
--tooth #1 and tooth #2!
--rolling back to tummy and pivoting all over the floor
--Starting to sit for about 20-30 seconds before falling over
--babbling dadada, (but of course no mamama)
--has tried oatmeal, squash, sweet potatoes and carrots. He's not so sure about eating, it seems
more fun to spit it back out at mom but he's enthusiastic about the process!
--happy and easygoing (except for when those darn teeth were coming through!)

At Brady's 6 month checkup he was 14 lbs 15 oz. This did not make the doctor very happy as he has fallen to the 7th percentile in weight. We're going to get a few tests done to make sure that there are no underlying problems but our guess is that he's just a skinny boy!

Brady continues to be a really easy, portable baby. He naps well when we're home and when we have to be out he just goes with the flow. He still sleeps well on the go and his night sleep is pretty good except for those teething nights. People always comment about how smiley and happy he is. Zach has really started to want to interact with him more and watching Zach make Brady belly laugh is just about my favorite thing in the world. Zach also wants attention for the same things Brady gets attention for. So many times a day he will roll around on the floor and expects me to applaud and get excited about him rolling over. He also insists on sitting on the floor with pillows all around him like I do for Brady. I guess he's worried he might fall over too! Today he got all of his trains and surrounded Brady with them because he was sharing. It was so sweet.

We love our little Brady!


He loves the jumper!




Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Lauren said...

6 months already?? geez!! He is such a cutie Brooke! Both of your boys are! love them! So howz life? I haven't talked to you in FOREVER! CAll me this week. I may be balling my eyes out because Avery starts school, but I'll try to compose myself :) Love ya!

The Hunt's said...

If it makes you feel any better, Tessa was under the 1, yes 1 percentile for awhile and she was just fine! Sometimes they're just little. He is so cute Brooke, we need to get together so I can kiss those cheeks!