Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jackson Hole

Dear Kate and Riley,
I think the summer might end before I even get through July! I feel so behind. Let's see if I can manage to sum up the rest of the vacation.
After the Hansen reunion ended our little clan of Hansens (minus uncle Bret-- just a few more months!) headed up to Jackson Hole. I was so excited because I haven't been since I was pregnant with you and even then I couldn't do anything.

We hiked Jenny lake (another chance for Zachary to whine a LOT!), swam and paddled around in String Lake, the "big" kids ran the rapids (thank you SO much to Grandma Janice who helped watch kids while Zachary barfed!) and got a gigantic burger at Billy's in town. It was a short but really fun trip.

Zachary ended the Jackson trip with pinkeye and a double ear infection. As sad as that was, I have to say a sick Zachary (as long as it doesn't involve barf) is actually a pretty good traveler. He was so out of it he just rested in his car seat the whole time.

We had SO much fun and love spending time with the families. We can't wait for uncle Bret to get home in December so we can all be together again!

Clint, Summer and Zach starting the hike to hidden falls


We took the ferry across the lake which cut off a few miles of the hike, good thing!


Zach loves Aunt Jenny


Best story from this day, some people were commenting on Brady in the backpack saying look how cute, etc. Then this little boy says "Look! That baby has monkey ears!" it was so funny, and yes, a little true. I wasn't offended but I think the mother of the kid who said it was mortified!


Hidden falls, not sure why this is so overexposed!


The next day was String Lake. Papa Ross took Ali and Zach out on the kayak


mom got a turn


Dad and Zach


Uncle Clint about to attempt his roll in the kayak (it was unsuccessful)



The water was actually really warm, the kids had a blast

Papa Ross didn't attempt a roll but still got a turn in the kayak


Grandma Janice got in on the fun


We saw this monster on the way home that day. It was awesome and of course Zach was asleep. We also saw buffalo, foxes and a bald eagle on this trip but didn't get any pictures of those


We roasted s'mores inside our cabin


The last day we were there was Grandma Janice's birthday. She chose to go out without us (I can't IMAGINE not wanting to go to a restaurant with five children under 4! ;) ) we celebrated with brownies that night



Our rafting pictures were the best but we haven't ordered them and I can't copy the images from the website. The links might work for a while if you click here, here and here you can see that Dad and Papa Ross and I all got thrown out of the raft and in one of the pictures you can see my legs straight up and down in the air!

Ok, I think that FINALLY sums up our July vacation!

Love,
mom

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Seriously love those rapid pics!! How fun and scary! And Aaron and I smiled when we saw that first pic of you in front of all those crazy antlers! As we were driving through there ourselves last month, we couldn't get over how many of those antler arches there are all over that town! Cute pics, glad you had fun.