Monday, August 02, 2010

Cecret Lake


Dear Kate and Riley,
The fun didn't stop! On Tuesday we headed up to Alta to do the hike to Cecret lake. Turns out it was no secret, there were a ton of people there. This was Zach's first real hike. He started out great, very enthusiastic. Then came the hill. It was a big one, I'll admit but oh man the whining just about killed me. He insisted on someone carrying him which would not be a big deal if he didn't have this weird fear of riding piggy back or on people's shoulders. So if you can imagine me or dad having to carry 32 lb Zach like a baby on our hip up a steep hill of switchbacks! So annoying but thankfully the beautiful scenery and wildflowers made up for it. We had lunch by the lake, threw some rocks and headed back down. Let's just say 2.5 might not be the best age for hiking. Brady had his first try in the backpack and HE was an angel. He loved it and even slept for a good portion of the time.



Brady loving the pack


"I'm Hikin' "


Happy boy


Uncle Clint, Cadance in the front pack and Ali (I've given up on trying to get 2 or 3 year olds to look at me)


Grandma Janice with Summer and Aunt Kelli

Aunt Jenny was a good helper across the streams because she had on chocos and didn't care about walking through the water. Zach ended up walking through it anyway, no surprise.


There were lots of little streams to cross which was fun for the kids


There were wild flowers everywhere, this doesn't even do them justice


A big pile of snow which kind of confused the CA kid and was pretty lame for the Utah kids!


Aunt Jenny with Zach and Ali at the lake. I wasn't kidding about giving up. I did.


Not attractive but does prove that I DID carry the back pack!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous hike! And I love all your minute to win it games below. I might have to take some of those ideas to my family reunion here in a couple weeks. Looks like you guys have definitely been using your summer time well!