Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Part 3: Buying stuff!


Dear Kate and Riley,
One thing dad would tell you your mom is REALLY good at is spending money! As soon as we made it through 1st trimester (where we naively thought we were "in the clear") I started buying stuff for you. But I was good! I bought used stuff off of craigslist and cheap stuff off of e-bay. I bought you two swings, two bouncers, two front packs, and aunt Tracy gave us a bunch of stuff from your twin cousins, Ashton and Braden. We were set. I had lots of fun over the summer searching on craigslist and getting ready for you. We started to clean out the room upstairs because it was too full!
In October we found out you were girls. I knew in my heart that you would be girls, I just knew it. Dad and I weren't surprised at all at the ultrasound, I think we both knew. That day Dad and I went to the mall and bought you each two outfits, they are SO cute and I hope that someday your sisters or your cousins can wear them, I'm sure you won't mind.
Our biggest purchase of all for you was our van. Now I have always wanted a minivan, I'll admit and I promised dad I wouldn't ask for one for YEARS down the road but when I found out there were two of you, you can bet I wanted my minivan! Now dad and I both have a little problem of "over" planning, you can see I bought a lot of stuff at the very beginning and dad was excited to get the BEST deal he could on a minivan. Now for my part I WILL say that I did NOT want to get one so early but dad wanted to get a DEAL! So off we were, shopping for minivans. And we got you a good one! It is white with leather seats, a tv and a dvd player, wireless headphones, all the good stuff. Maybe its good you won't get to use it to rot your brain with silly dvd's. Anyway, that's the hardest one now, imagine your mom, the silly lady who drives a minivan with no kids in it! Its a good thing its a nice car.
Up until that point I worried about you and prayed hard for you every night. I did have a huge fear of losing you, maybe Heavenly Father was trying to prepare me. I almost felt like my prayers were silly, I would say "Heavenly Father please let us have these babies, please let us take them home with us, please let us have both of them." I felt like I was begging him a lot of times, fighting Him to keep you here with us, but at the time I didn't know why, I thought I was just paranoid. For some reason though I always thought if we lost you we would lose ONE of you, I never was prepared to find out that we could lose both of you. But, every time I went to the doctor, I was reassured that you were fine. At one point the doctor said to me "well these are pretty average looking babies and average is what we want". As the weeks passed I started to feel more and more safe.

No comments: