Friday, January 05, 2007

Your Story: The beginning


Dear Kate and Riley,
One of the things I want to have here is your story. Now you would think that for only being here 27 weeks your story would be pretty short; but luckily you have a very long winded mother who also happens to remember almost every detail about your short lives. So this will be Part 1: The beginning.

It all started for us on June 26th, 2006. It was one day after our 1 year wedding anniversary. Dad and I had a big fight the night before, one of our first or maybe even only but I was SO emotional it just didn't seem normal (I'd find out why the next day). I cried and cried and poor daddy thought I was crazy! The next day was my first day of summer vacation. I kept thinking ALL day that I might be pregnant but I promised daddy I wouldn't take a test that early. Well all day with nothing to do was too much for me. After driving to five different stores to find the cheapest one, I came home with a box of two pregnancy tests. I promised myself I was just going to buy them but would wait at least a few more days until I took one. But of course, I couldn't resist. I thought, I'll just take it and since it is GOING to be negative, I will just throw it away and Aaron will never know.
Well, I took it. And it was positive! And so fast! I couldn't believe it! I remember I started shaking. I called Dad on his phone at work. He didn't answer so I kept calling him until he did. I asked him if he was sitting down. "Why? what's wrong? Where are you?" I told him I was in the bathroom. He asked why, I said "I think we're going to have a baby!" He said, "you think?" I told him I took a test and it was positive. He was really surprised, neither of us thought it would happen so fast.
I was SO excited. I called Liz, I called Michelle and I couldn't WAIT for aunt Jenny to get home. When she got home, I showed her and we jumped and screamed together.
Dad was convinced I took the test wrong. So the next day he woke me up before he left for work to take the second test from the box. I took it and it was positive too. Dad said, "I guess you're pregnant!" Now I'm glad I have two tests, one for each of you.

love,
Mom

No comments: